Installing or moving appliances involve some work but they don't have to involve any hurt! Ozark Border has some tips to make your work be productive and save.
- Don't use any appliance while you're touching metal or anything wet. Never plug in or unplug an electric cord while your hands are wet.
- Unplug appliances before cleaning them.
- Don't yank the cord when unplugging appliances.
- Train children not to put things into electrical outlets. Plastic outlet guards are a good idea, especially for homes with small children.
- Repair any appliances that sparks, smokes, or shocks you.
- Don't overload outlets and extension cords.
- Keep appliances like radios, TV's, and hair dryers away from sinks and bathtubs.